The Artgorgeous Careers
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Beijing, China
- Shenzhen, China
- Tate Britain & Tate Modern
- Larry’s List
- Lucie Chang Fine Arts
- Me Collectors Room Berlin
- Old Bailey Galleries at Tai Kwun
- M+ Museum
- Rossi & Rossi, Hong Kong
- Kraupa-Tuskany Zeidler, Berlin
- MILL6 Foundation
- TASCHEN UK
- Various Small Fires
- New York gallery
- Ullens Center for Contemporary Art
- Design Society
- Tang Contemporary Art
- Pace Gallery
- Anita Rogers Gallery
- Asia Art Archive (AAA)
- the Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- Costume Institute, Zeitz MOCAA Department: Curatorial
- General admin support
- Social media comms, PR & Marketing for Magnum - brand, company mission, projects, introducing partners & programming
- Event production - venue booking, supplier management, print production/framing, text editing, graphic design oversight, guest list management, booking speakers, flights and accommodation
- Logistics support with shipping prints to clients (print sales)
- Fair support - support sales team on stand, translate price lists - client follows ups
- Exhibition production - printing, framing, shipping
- Booking in photographers
- Booking travel and hotels or facilitating the client in doing so
- Supporting photographers with paperwork for visa arrangements
- Facilitating press image selections and usage with client and out licencing agent
- Facilitating early planning between client and photographers to ensure involvement in the planning of curriculum of the workshop
- Working with Global Education Manager to feed into wider workshop schedule and planning
- Working with client to facilitate communications about workshops via their channels and Magnum’s
- Tracking social media coms about the workshop and partnership to ensure on brand
- Policing third party brand inclusion and visibility
- Policing use of the Magnum brand or Photographers’ brand throughout workshop
- Policing press engagements during a workshop
- Policing content creation (video, pictures) and distribution during a workshop per the contract
- Facilitating participant selection process between the client and Magnum
- Ensuring the required tech support and staffing provided for the smooth running of the workshop
- Supporting photographers on the ground during event
- Capturing and distributing retrospective feedback from photographers, participants and partners to feed into future events
- Managing of expenses, per diems throughout event and per contracts
- English & Chinese speaker
- Liaise with key partners and clients comfortably, supporting senior Magnum staff
- Understand photography and has a sensibility and experience dealing with artists
- Oversee communications in China and coordinate amongst clients to quality control brand messaging
- Be across client negotiations and project management
- Oversee production in discussion for partners
- Support in seeking sponsorship for projects.
- To lead the Costume Institute, in collecting, researching, preserving and exhibiting cutting edge contemporary costume, textiles and accessories from Africa and its Diaspora, and the world.
- Coordinate and project manage costume, textiles and accessories exhibitions. The incumbent shall curate all areas involving contemporary costume, which is to include garment technology from concept to production, textiles and accessories design.
- Represent costume, accessories, and textile activities at senior staff meetings.
- To supervise the Assistant Curators of the Costume Institute, as well as manage the team within the Costume Institute.
- Complete and/or oversee original research and collate existing materials on objects in Zeitz MOCAA’s costume collection. This will include the creation and collating of written texts on costume artefacts.
- Manage external contractors supplying Zeitz MOCAA with services related to the development of the Costume Institute.
- Generate and edit content for online platforms based on ongoing Costume Institute programming and exhibitions.
- Convene the Costume Institute Acquisition Committee on a regular basis to consider acquisitions through purchase and donation.
- Convene the Costume Institute Council and work closely with the museum’s Council Manager to develop and sustain the Costume Institute Council.
- Work closely with the Director of the museum’s Curatorial Training Programme to ensure the ingoing success and relevance of this programme.
- Work closely with the museum’s Director of Institutional Advancement and External Affairs to identify and solicit financial, in-kind and costume donations.
- Work closely with the Museum’s Executive Director and Chief Curator, Senior Curators, Curators at Large, Adjunct Curators, and other senior staff to accomplish the Museum’s mission.
- Complete other tasks as required.
- Completion of a graduate degree, such as a Master of Arts (MA), Masters of Fine Arts (MFA), Masters of Technology (M-Tech) or Doctorate (PHD) in curating, fashion design, art history, visual culture, fine arts, or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a cultural context or fashion industry.
- An established background in curation.
- Excellent research and writing skills with demonstrable writing examples such as published articles or texts focusing on design and culture.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Ability to find information and effectively transcribe it into written, visual and audio texts.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong administration and coordination skills, with a methodical approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and deliver work within agreed timeframes.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including using the MS Office packages, and a willingness to learn new computer skills.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about contemporary costume from Africa and its Diaspora, as well as international practice.
- As a cutting edge equal opportunity institution, Zeitz MOCAA celebrates diversity in all its forms including gender, race, creed, and orientation. To apply, please email a letter of motivation, CV, two references and two writing examples focusing on costume or fashion to [email protected] by 15 December 2017.
Zeitz MOCAA is the only major museum in Africa with a dedicated focus on contemporary costume. The Costume Institute at Zeitz MOCAA, critically engages with cutting edge contemporary costume, fashion, and body embellishment by leading designers and artists from Africa and its Diaspora, and internationally. The Costume Institute’s mission is to acquire a representative collection of contemporary costume by designers from Africa and its Diaspora, and internationally, to preserve, research and interpret costume, and to develop supporting educational and enrichment programmes for all. This is achieved through an array of exhibitions, screenings, events, educational activities, and happenings that engage local and international audiences with all facets of contemporary costume. The purpose of this job is to develop, preserve, and research the costume collection, organize costume exhibitions and supporting programs, and to provide leadership for the Costume Institute at Zeitz MOCAA. The incumbent supervises the staff of the Costume Institute. The curator will work closely with the museum’s Executive Director and Chief Curator, Senior Curators, Curators at Large, Adjunct Curators, Registrar, Assistant Curators, and Preparators on all museum-wide initiatives and projects, as well as with external stakeholders including practicing designers, artisans, curators, gallerists, and architects.
- The museum offers an internship program for Italian and international students and recent graduates who study art, art history or related disciplines who are interested in gaining first-hand experience of how a museum is run and familiarity with an important collection of modern art.
- The program is a learning experience for all who take part, immersing interns in the cultural life of the city of Venice, allowing them to gain practical experience of museum operations and familiarity with an important collection of modern art.
- Activities include managing the galleries during opening hours to the public, assisting visitors, staffing the ticket office, cloakroom and other visitor facilities, supporting the museum office staff in various departments and participation in the educational activities of the museum, including presentations to the public, guided tours and workshops with children.
- The program includes educational activities such as seminars, conferences, educational trips and guided tours for interns.
- Duration: Minimum one month, maximum three months. Internships begin on the first of the month and end on the last day of each month.
- Students will receive as a contribution to their living expenses the following: for three months: 2400,00 €, for two months: 1600,00 €, for one month: 800,00 €
- University students and recent graduates worldwide (non-Italian citizens) who are students of art, art history or related areas.
- Fluency in English and spoken Italian are pre-requisites.
- Applicants should be at an early point in their careers, when this experience can be of genuine use to them, and not have already matured to the point where they may expect independent curatorial or administrative responsibilities.
- Event production and management: work with AAA’s Development team, event location staff, and corporate partners to execute a variety of events (from small lunches to larger activities around the time of Art Basel in Hong Kong)
- Support grant-writing and sponsorship efforts: assist in the creation of funding proposals to support AAA operations
- Coordinating patron communications: produce the quarterly patron newsletters, and communicate directly with patrons and AAA friends about the organisation
- Managing patron education trips: ensure the smooth operations of day trips and art education tours for patrons
- Administrative duties: help maintain databases, arrange logistics, and provide creative solutions to challenges that may arise in the work of the Development team
- Fundraiser auction support: assist in the annual fundraiser auction
- BA or BS degree
- Fluency in English and Chinese
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of Adobe CS5 Suite InDesign and Photoshop will be an advantage
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A team player
- Christie's is currently accepting applications for our paid Internship program that will expose individuals to the art world and auction industry through hands-on experience during the first half of the year. Depending on where the company and department are in their sale cycles, a persons’ tasks may include the following: administrative, research, cataloguing, assisting with sales, writing provenance documents, and other assigned projects.
- This is a paid program, which will require all chosen participants to undergo a verification process. Christie’s will also not reimburse travel, housing, or other expenses.
- Placements are available in Specialist departments, select Business Support departments in and with both part-time and full-time availabilities* By applying to this posting, you are verifying that you are available to work on a full-time basis throughout the duration of the program.
- Spring Internship Dates: January 15th, 2018 - May 25, 2018*
- Successful Christie’s applicants are not necessarily art history majors but have a passion for art and a strong desire to learn about the auction business. For certain departments, proficiency in another language, such as German, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish, is highly desired.
- General length for this program is roughly 18 weeks. All full time positions require a commitment of approximately 35-40 hours per week during the Winter and Spring months. Please be mindful of your schedule and/or course load before applying for an internship.
- *Note: Candidates may make special arrangements with their department for any schedule adjustments.
- Successful applicants are placed in positions according to their background and areas of. Candidates may request specific departments through our online application and should be mentioned in their cover letters. These requests are taken into account but are not guaranteed.
- In addition to working in assigned departments, accepted individuals will also be required to attend orientation, auctions, and additional planned events throughout the semester.
- Candidates must be undergraduate students, master’s students, or within one year of graduation from University, either undergraduate or masters.
- All candidates should be available for the entirety of the internship and should prepare for their schedules for the time and workload commitment
- All accepted individuals must complete verification screenings.
- All applicants must apply online through Christies.com and complete the application titled “Spring 2018 Internship Full-Time”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to learn Christie’s systems
- Highly collaborative nature
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superior client service skills
- Experience with Research Libraries
- manage allocated corporate member accounts and corporate events
- conduct client site visits and membership renewal meetings
- advise allocated corporate members, sponsors and other organisations about the management of events, including agreeing facility fees, recommending suppliers and offering advice about stylistic issues
- ensure that the terms and conditions relating to the safety of the building and its contents are met.
- have demonstrable experience of managing large-scale, income-generating events in a similar environment
- experience of working with a range of event suppliers and building and sustaining relationships at all levels
- first class interpersonal skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work well both on your own initiative and collaboratively as part of a team, contributing expertise and leadership.
- With previous experience of line management you will be confident in leading, motivating and developing a team.
- Sound knowledge of current health and safety and licensing legislation and sales and contract management experience would also be a real benefit to the role.
- Assist in managing a 3,100 square foot ground floor gallery
- Artist Research
- Inventory Management
- Art Handling & Installation
- Social Media & Marketing
- Editing Website Content & Press Releases
- Greeting visitors and answering phones
- Must have a working knowledge of the contemporary art world
- Required education: Bachelor\'s
- Liaise with the Shipping, Communications, and Registration departments, as well as appropriate Dealer offices to assist in the coordination and gathering of relevant information for all gallery exhibitions and art fairs.
- Maintain and populate a shared art fair and exhibition calendar noting all relevant dates, locations, shipment information, and application deadlines.
- Help coordinate exhibition-related construction and assist with space planning.
- Prepare lists of equipment and place orders for material needed for exhibitions and art fairs.
- Track expenses for exhibitions and art fairs, prepare and maintain their respective budgets.
- Maintain contracts for temporary, permanent, and traveling exhibitions.
- Assist in developing and refining systems to improve the work flow with particular attention to art fairs.
- Use Vectorworks, CAD, and/or SketchUp to create floor plans for exhibitions and art fairs, and generate physical and computer models.
- Organize and create installation instructions when needed, and ensure they are available to staff, artist studios,
- and for future gallery use.
- Work with Installations managers and Registrars to ensure that accession forms are completed for all artworks
- and relevant information uploaded to the database, either during installation or upon de-installation of each
- Serve as point-person for ensuring that all exhibition artworks have frame and exhibition labels upon de-installation and prior to packing.
- Perform day-to-day administrative activities for the Installations department, including ordering supplies; scheduling and coordinating team and interdepartmental meetings; proactively prepare and manage briefing materials in advance of scheduled meetings and draft agendas based on outstanding or new business.
- Be available to assist department team members as needed.
- Bachelor\'s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience coordinating and preparing exhibitions with a wide range of complexity.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Macintosh operating, Microsoft Office Suite, and database systems.
- Knowledge of Vectorworks, CAD, and SketchUp, is advantageous.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills with ability to interact with various level of management and personalities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within ever-changing environment and priorities.
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations where immediate decisions may be necessary.
- Solid administrative skills that include long-term planning calendars and maintaining organized records for multifaceted projects.
- A working knowledge of and passion for modern and contemporary.
- Have flexibility to be available on weekends and/or extended hours.
Pace Gallery is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Exhibitions and Art Fair Coordinator to join our Installations Department. Reporting to our Installations Director, you will be responsible for providing logistical and administrative support for all gallery exhibitions and art fairs. You are a candidate who possess excellent organizational abilities and a proven track record in project coordination and time management. You have a team-oriented perspective and are thorough, hardworking, and take pride in your work, where no task is too big, or too small.
- Greeting visitors and interacting with the public
- Answering phones and prompt attention to general inquiries
- Preparing exhibition checklists, pricelists, and press books for gallery shows
- Managing and assisting organizing with all gallery events (openings and private events)
- Creating and organizing art fair materials
- Providing administrative support to the staff as needed
- Providing artist liaison help with research, inventory and project management
- Interacting easily with a large staff in a busy setting
- Office management: ordering gallery and office supplies
- Bachelor’s degree required, a strong interest in and knowledge of art history is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Apple Mail) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat)
Perrotin New York is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to join our team as Gallery Assistant. This position plays an important role in the day-to-day function of the gallery. Candidate should be adaptable and self-motivated, possess a professional phone manner, and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, energy-driven environment. The position requires a detail oriented work ethic, an excellent capacity for organization and time management skills, an ability to prioritize projects, a passion for art, and a strong desire to learn about the artists with whom the gallery works. Candidate should be profficient working with iOS Mac and Apple products and Adobe & Indesign.
- Work closely with Director and Sales team on the strategy for HK, Beijing and Bangkok
- Take on leadership for the HK branch and work effectively towards the target
- Overseeing the artwork sold and ensuring all sales targets are achieved
- Foster a strong network of collectors, museums and relevant art professionals locally and internationally
- Manage the company’s sales, follow up on invoices and after sale services
- Discuss performance and business strategy for Hong Kong with Director monthly
- Extending the client database and developing client list
- Overseeing the gallery inventory and sales system
- Participation in art fairs, exhibitions and events to generate sales and develop new contacts
- Provide premium client service, artwork knowledge and expertise
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Foster the gallery\'s relation with the press in HK and overseas
- Overseeing the HK marketing programs and work alongside with marketing team in Beijing and Bangkok to promote the whole company programs globally
- Brand building for HK gallery
- Representing the gallery to participate social events
- Planning and coordinating special events in Hong Kong
- Manage the gallery’s social media channels, indentifying potential new digital platforms relevant to target audience
- Degree / MA in art-related field or business / marketing field required
- Gallery / auction house / museum or art foundation experience also necessary
- Native English speaker and proficiency in speaking, reading and written Mandarin
- Out-going, energetic, responsible and detailed-minded required
- A flexible team player with an enthusiastic attitude is a must
- Proven track record of sales
- Excellent knowledge in Chinese contemporay art market. Knowledge of Southeast Aisa art and Western art is a plus.
- Holding HK work visa is an advantage. (Work visa will be applied for the successful candidate)
Less experience would be consider as Sales and Marketing Manager
- Assist the director in project and image research
- According to the research topic, collect relevant materials and write a brief for the director to browse. The research materials include books, newspapers, Internet resources and other publications
- Prepare charts, presentations and PPT for all types of data
- Undergraduate, junior, senior or graduate student
- English, Chinese, graphic design, social science, art and other related majors are acceptable
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in both Chinese and English
- Skilled use of Office software, the use of design related professional software and video editing software (such as AI, PS) is preferred
- Able to work flexible hours
- Interested in art and design
Design Society is an open and collaborative platform, fostering synergies for culture, design and industries. Creating cultural tourism IP, building industrial advocacy platform, packaging cultural projects operation and management, form the three pillars of its core services. It aims to transform lifestyle and elevate quality of life by promoting acknowledgement, comprehension, and enjoyment of design to the public; to inspire and upgrade industry through cultivating Design Society, creating synergy, and stimulating innovative opportunities.
- Work closely with senior development staff to prepare for the 10th anniversary gala
- Proactively research and build pipelines of new prospective sponsors to support UCCA’s highest priorities
- Continually build and secure long-term relationships with prospective new sponsors while maintaining excellent relationships with existing donors
- Write compelling sponsorship proposals and prepare materials that match prospective sponsors’ interests with the mission of UCCA
- Work collaboratively with senior development staff to gather materials in support of proposals and funder updates
- Bachelor’s degree; Major in Art History preferred
- 2+ years experience in fundraising and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with staff at all organizational levels
- Experience in researching and preparing successful proposals for foundations and government funders
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information succinctly
- Results oriented
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Organizational tasks to help the sale administrators leading up to sale deadlines
- Work closely with Specialists on research projects on specific collections and works of art to prepare them for valuation
- Prepare materials for catalogue layout and assist with catalogue production for each sale
- Compile data into appraisals and proposals to assist with business-getting
- Record sale results for Phillips sales and our competitors assist with sale viewing set-up in gallery space
- Participate in auction-day roles for all Fall sales, across all departments
- Ad-hoc research projects on specific artists and galleries
- Additionally, the intern will benefit from the following enrichment experiences:
- Monthly gallery and/ or museum visits with members of our department
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for fine art. They should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks while working to meet strict deadlines.
Phillips is currently seeking an organized and motivated individual to fill a fixed-term, full-time, four-month internship in the 20th Century & Contemporary Art department, beginning September, 2017. Base in our Hong Kong office at Central, the primary focus of the internship will be to gain insight into the day to day operations of a successful international auction house. We welcome candidates with a specific interest in 20th Century & Contemporary Art, but would also welcome applications from candidates with an interest in art more generally. Interns will have a chance to be trained in Phillips’ systems and research procedures in order to directly contribute to the department throughout an entire sale cycle. By assisting in our two fall sales –20th Century & Contemporary Art Evening Sale and 20th Century and Contemporary Art Day Sale – successful applicants will benefit from this unique opportunity for professional development through hands-on experience in the art industry.
- Already possess an established and active list of clientele
- Ability to manage all aspects of sales
- Generate and build relationships with new collectors, museums and art organizations
- Achieve revenue for the gallery through own clientele
- Complete other duties that are necessary while working with other members of the sales team on primary/secondary market deals
- BA required
- At least 4 years of sales experience at a major gallery
- Ability to provide sales track records of the past two years
- Knowledge of the New York City art world, museums and market
- Excellent organizational, communication and managerial skills
- Connections to private and institutional collectors – in NY and internationally
- Deep understanding of all aspects of the gallery business including: curation, handling, registration, etc.
- Experience with secondary market sales
Various Small Fires (VSF) is seeking a full time Gallery Assistant with previous gallery or arts administration experience. Reliable art handling skills is a significant plus. Responsibilities will include spearheading exhibition installation and deinstallation, coordinating between shippers, art handlers and collectors, assisting with art fair applications and event planning, front desk upkeep, research, managing the gallery\'s calendar, answering and directing phone calls as well as maintaining a log of guests while notifying the gallery owner and director as necessary. The applicant must have a sharp attention to detail, proficient writing skills and last but not least, a friendly attitude.
- Welcome customers to the store, assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on the TASCHEN program
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Actively participate in achieving sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Assist in reception of deliveries, unpacking of new stock and merchandising
- Ensure that the product presentation and work area are clean and organized
- Provide support during TASCHEN events and book signings
- Previous retail experience preferred, especially in an arts or gallery environment
- Willingness to go the extra mile to drive sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including telephone and email manner
- A flexible and friendly attitude with a focus on customer service & team work
- Precise, responsible and organized demeanor
- Interest in art, photography, architecture, design, pop culture, travel and fashion
- English fluency required, multiple languages a plus.
- Managing access to 30-plus-year-photographic archives for sales, publications, and registrar staff.
- Maintaining the organizational structure of image file servers, transparency binders, and executive personal devices.
- Fielding requests for photographs of artworks and exhibition installations associated with Gagosian and gallery-represented artists.
- Developing a quick response time for requests, managing multiple projects at once.
- Assembling exhibition and art fair show folders from coordinator checklists, determining which works of art must be photographed or rephotographed.
- Post-processing new photographs in Photoshop.
- Creating to-scale digital art mock-ups, exhibition model chips, and poster facsimiles in Photoshop.
- Reviewing and formatting information outputted from the Gagosian database to label all incoming and outgoing artwork and exhibition imagery, and populate images in the gallery database.
- Creating temporary reference photos of artworks.
- Providing event photography for gallery openings and book signings.
- Assisting Photographer/Head Archivist by scheduling on and off-site photography, keeping correspondences, coordinating travel, securing and filling out required paperwork, and completing monthly expense reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with minimum 1-year of arts/photography/gallery work is a plus.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel/Google Sheets, and basic digital photography skills preferred.
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Familiarity with managing personal devices, particularly iPhoto libraries, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Gagosian galleries, contemporary art, art history, photography, design, and culture.
- An outgoing, friendly personality. Someone who is comfortable interacting with multiple departments, VIPS, gallery directors, and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Reporting to the Co-directors of MILL6 Foundation (“MILL6”) and the Head of Branding and Communications, the Senior Communications Officer will be responsible in managing, organizing and creating content consistent with MILL6 marketing and communications strategy and supervise all forms of communications to external press, public, members, donors and strategic partners and collaborators.
- Establish, implement and measure the success of the overall communications strategy of MILL6
- Create and generate proprietary communications content consistent with MILL6’s mission and brand identity to reach the relevant target audience which includes both local and international constituencies
- Develop, manage and review communications partner ship programs of MILL6 with designers, public relations and/or marketing agencies and any other external media partners
- Manage a public relations program to maintain consistent articulation of MILL6’s public image that is consistent with its mission statement
- Support the Curatorial Department in developing creative marketing content for prints, digital and social media platforms to build a loyal following in MILL6’s seasonal and year-round exhibition and learning programs, and the overall presentation of MILL6’s publications
- Assist MILL6 team to build credibility as non-profit art and culture organization that is benchmarked to world-class museums through creative marketing, PR, digital presentation, content development and other pertinent marketing and communications activities.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications/Mass Media or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 year working experience in marketing firms, advertising agencies and possess extensive knowledge of marketing and public relations strategies and have executed successful marketing strategies in previous job experience. High interest in arts/cultural field or relevant experience in marketing similar organizations would be highly valued.
- Exceptional communications skills (oral and writing skills) in English and Chinese.
- Competent editing and trouble shooting skills.
- Team player with proactive attitude, strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge in digital communication and marketing strategies on social media andother digital platforms.
- Has a strong network with media representatives and external marketing professionals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complex projects to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility for being required to work in offhours, weekend and public holiday from time to time as deemed necessary.
- Reporting to the Co-directors of MILL6 Foundation (“MILL6”), the Textile and Fashion Curator will play a role in organizing thoughtful and attractive programs for broader audience. MILL6 seeks a curator with substantial experience in modern and contemporary Asia Pacific textile and fashion and organizing exhibitions.
- Work with Co-Directors and MILL6 curatorial team to establish the direction,goals in collection and programing of exhibition and other related events
- Follow MILL6 Collection policy,strategize the way of contextualize and expanding collection
- Focus on Hong Kong textile industrial history,organize the exhibitions and events that offer fresh lens of experiencing and appreciating textile and fashion especially in Asia Pacific region
- Organize exhibitions to introduce innovative creativities of textile and fashion in Asia Pacific to local and international audience
- Build and expand the international network with other textile and fashion related cultural and research organization
- Collaborate with community and learning curators to offer friendly ways of communicating the concept of exhibitions
- Build credibility as non-profit art and culture organization of MILL6 through research, presentation, programing, writing and other pertinent activities
- Have Master degree or above in art history or cultural studies,and a specialty in fashion and textiles.
- Have substantial(more than 3 years) experience working with institutions with collections of textile and fashion and organizing installations and exhibitions, including nationally and internationally traveling shows.
- Have sufficient knowledge Asia Pacific textile and fashion of 1940s onward.
- Be open to challenge to provide a new perspective in looking at textile and fashion across
- Be a good communicator and negotiator with different parties – including artists and other collaborators.
- Be fluent in written and spoken in English. Language in Mandarin/Cantonese is preferable but not a must.
- Flexibility for being required to work in offhours, weekend and public holiday from time to time as deemed necessary.
- Reporting to the owners Nadine Zeidler and Amadeo Kraupa-Tuskany, you will be working together with four full and part-time staff to deliver a high profile international gallery and fairs program.
- Full-time relevant working experience, minimum two years. salary: commensurate with experience
- Demonstrable and significant experience working in the visual arts.
- Proven experience of managing complex exhibition productions and fair presentations.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and budgets.
- Requires an understanding of the opportunities and parameters of working in a commercial gallery and fair context.
- Excellent written, editing and presentation skills in English and conversational skills in German.
- Ability to support artists in all areas of production, exhibition and communication of work.
- Manage relations with artists, collectors, collaborating galleries, loaning institutions, sponsors, and press.
- Sales experience not essential but appreciated.
- The position is based in Berlin, but you will regularly travel – within Germany and internationally – for art fairs and exhibitions to represent the gallery. You will always ensure the utmost discretion and confidentiality with all proprietary information.
- Ensure the overall safety, preservation, maintenance, and documentation of artworks on view, in storage, and on loan.
- Manage the gallery physical space and activities, including installation and deinstallation of artwork, opening and closing procedures and special events.
- Receive, catalogue and photograph newly delivered works; plan and organise exhibition-related movement of objects, including packing, shipping, and insurance for exhibitions as well as for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Manage the database of inventory and digital images.
- Manage all aspects of artwork care, following and implementing accepted professional standards and practices.
- Maintain inventory records, database and labels; maintain files and archives.
- Coordinate with Rossi & Rossi London on the maintenance of internal databases.
- Responsible for logistics related to loans and travelling exhibitions, including documentation, condition reports, packing, shipping, and receiving.
- Administer loan forms and agreements and ensure adherence to established policies.
- Prepare and maintain all equipment needed for art fairs—toolbox and supplies.
- Coordinate Audio and Visual equipment needed for exhibitions.
- Organise and maintain gallery tools and equipment used for installation, repairs, conservation and storage.
- Establish object conservation priorities and plan/implement the safe storage of all works.
- Oversee monitoring of environmental conditions, including humidity and temperature.
- Assist in preparing proposals and applications for fairs and special exhibitions.
- Proper packing of artworks and maintenance of packing supplies.
- Liaise with shippers and manage off-site storages.
- Oversee local deliveries and off-site hanging when required.
- Coordinate framing and delivery of artwork to and from framers.
- Repair and paint gallery walls between exhibitions.
- Train and supervise part-time staff and /or interns performing related work.
- Complete a bi-annual inventory report for the management team.
Located in the renowned West Kowloon Cultural District, M+ Museum is seeking an experienced video producer to join the team. The incumbent of the position will be in charge of a range of digital production responsibilities essential to the Museum’s development and collection, such as developing video production briefs and project documents, shooting, editing and coordinating high-quality videos, and coordinating with external collaborators and stakeholders for general digital development outreach. The applicants are required to have at least 3 years of digital production experience, strong communication skills, and demonstrate fluent English and Cantonese and/or Mandarin language capabilities. Apply online with a professional CV and the link to a portfolio of recent work. Successful finalists will be invited to an interview within 4 weeks from submission closing date.
Artsy seeks an art world professional to manage existing relationships with galleries in Los Angeles and various regions in the U.S. This role is at the very core of Artsy’s mission to build one of the largest collections of art available online.